CARES Act Detailskbaker
PIA has elected to provide an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to all students who meet the eligibility requirements, who acknowledge negative financial impact by the COVID-19 pandemic, and who agree to utilize their grant award for qualified expenses. The funding is limited and will be awarded equally based on the total number of eligible students.6
If you are a PIA School of Specialized Technology student eligible for Federal Financial Aid and if the COVID-19 pandemic has negatively impacted your personal financial situation, you will receive a lump sum of money, in the amount of $480.00 from Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics. Please be aware that any money awarded from this grant is to be used for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus. These expenses include eligible expenses under a student’s cost of attendance in the calculation of Federal Financial Aid, such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and child care. The funds cannot be used toward your tuition. Although the money is funded by the Federal Government, individual institutions are managing the eligibility and approval process and the distribution of funds. 7
Students received certification forms to their PIA emails for completion. Completing this certification form acknowledges your acceptance of the emergency financial aid grant, confirms your eligibility for these funds, confirms that you have experienced negative financial impact due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and confirms that you understand your responsibility to use these funds for qualified expenses as listed above. Failure to submit the completed certification form by Friday June 5, 2020 will result in your forfeiture of the grant. If you have questions, please contact Mr. Vukmanic at 412-346-2114 or firstname.lastname@example.org. 7
Below are required items to be posted on the website regarding this topic per the US Department of Education.
- Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics acknowledges that we have signed and returned to the U.S. Department of Education, the Certification and Agreement and we assure that PIA intends to use no less than 50 percent of the funds to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students as provided by the CARES Act.
- PIA has received $229,473 for the Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
- As of May 27, 2020, $54,240 has been disbursed directly to students.
- The estimated number of students at PIA that are eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students is 469.
- As of May 27, 2020, the Emergency Financial Aid Grant has been disbursed to 113 students.
- The method PIA is using to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants is referenced in the first paragraph of this post.
- Additional instructions, directions, or guidance to the students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants is referenced in paragraphs 2 and 3 of this post.
As of June 16th, 2020, 451 students at PIA have received disbursements of these funds equaling $216, 480.